Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Coaster Mini-Album



For my altered project, I went to my stash of Outback coasters and the Zutter Bind-it-All. I got the idea off of a website awhile ago and since then, always take a few coasters with me when we go out to eat. I decided to make a quote book. I took 5 coasters, inked and papered them, then punched and bound them together. Once the book was assembled, I stamped various friend quotes onto cardstock and then adhered and embellished each page. The cardstock stickers that coordinate with the Marrakesh line are great for this. I used Prima flowers on the front and some of the cardstock stickers underneath it.

I love making little quote books as gifts, they are fun to make. There are some great stamp sets out there with quotes for friends, mothers, etc. There are also great websites that have quotes you can type up and print out. These are also a great way to use scraps, use larger pieces to cover the coasters and your scraps will make great embellishments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love using coasters for projects like this! They are great "scraps" that make sturdy projects that usually turn out beautiful!!! Great Job Michelle!!!!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

This is such a cool project and a great gift idea. It is beautiful to look at and the quotes are just lovely.

Loretta Cooper said...

Just beautiful! I love the quotes you found. What a thoughtful gift.