Friday, March 6, 2009

Bumbo


For me a 1-page layout is the perfect way for me to keep some of my favorite pictures in one piece. I don’t really like to cut my pictures. So when I have a favorite picture I will usually do a one page layout. I find that another time for me to do single page layouts is when I have a professional photo. Frequently, I purchase every picture in a package, knowing that I have no need for that many pictures, however, how can I not get all of them, after all they are all so cute. :o) Aren’t we all guilty of that?

Here my letters are cut with the Storybook cartridge from my Cricut. (Thanks Laura) After I cut the letters out I used glossy accent (which you can get at Scrapbooks-Plus) and covered the letters, once the letters had the glossy accent I sprinkled heavy with the Marta Stewart glitter, let dry for a few moments, and tap excess off. Simple! And pretty even for a BOY!

By the way for those of you who don't know...Bumbo is the name of the seat that baby Boy is sitting in. It is not what we call him. He loved that chair and would sit in it on the kitchen counter while I cooked, or fixed his bottle. HE LOVED that chair!

***Just as a side note, if you have not tried the Marta Stewart glitter you are missing out. Run down to Scrapbooks-Plus, and pick yourself up a bottle. You will not be disappointed. This is the best glitter I have ever played with. It is so smooth, and pretty, and sticks really well to the paper!

8 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

What a great memory - with my son it was the swing - it was how I had time to prepare and enjoy dinner. I love this LO! Thanks for the tip on the glossy accents - did you have to use hair spray afterwards to set the glitter, or were you done?

Anonymous said...

i love it! so your going to do my baby book and my webbing book right!?!?!?

well it's not going to for a while so that means that were going to be friends for a long long time! so get ready!

Misty Rose said...

I didn't use hairspray to set it. I have heard that...but I haven't tried it. It seems to work just fine without.

Lisa H said...

Great LO! I also love the MS glitter- it is the best.

Kim said...

Very cute and I love how you made these colors work for a boy.

Esther said...

The shine on the lettering is great! I will try that on my next layout.

matushka said...

I love using Glossy Accents on items too. The glitter will stick without a problem. Sometimes I'll use do it in reverse... glitter accents and then cover it with Glossy Accents to seal it in to give it a different look. :)

SharonVM said...

I like the glitter on the flower tips also - nice touch