Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Love Marrakech!

I was so excited to find out we got to play with new Basic Grey this month. What a way to start this new adventure! I went really basic with this first layout. This is my Papaw in his early days, he passed away a few weeks ago and it was so fun to go through all the old pictures and find these of his days in the military. I decided ink and paper was great therapy! I wanted to stick with the basics on this because I really wanted the photos to be the focal point. I was amazed at how they copied, loved how handsome he was, and wanted them to speak for themselves. I couldn't resist adding a little grungeboard and my other favorite, INK!! :-) I love using ink! My favorite is the Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink. I find that it matches everything and just adds something to any layout. I held back on the grungeboard and just inked it with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. It was tempting to pull them back up and add brown but decided to hold back just this once. :-) But as I was adding ink to other things, like the sticker strip, I was thinking I should sign up for inkers anonymous!






One of the fun things you can do with ink is to ink the edges of photos. I inked the photos to keep the vintage feel. You will want to dab it on instead of swipe. Swiping it often will make it smear. Another thing to watch is that it will take the ink longer to dry, don't ask how I learned that. :-)






4 comments:

Kim said...

I loved this layout. Memories are truly priceless and having the pictures do the talking for you is so special.

By the way I am sorry to hear of your loss.

matushka said...

What a lovely tribute! I like to ink photos too, although I usually use Staz-On... even it takes a while to dry! :)

Anonymous said...

I think this is really the best therapy! I'm glad that you had the chance to work it! I love you're layouts and it's such a great way to always remember!

Julie said...

I heart Chestnut Roan too. Great layout Coffee! You are amazing!!!