Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back to School

Although this paper was fall-themed, the apples also lent themselves to school-themed layouts. I posted my other one earlier this month and here is the second one.


For this layout, I die cut the Bazzill Swiss Dot Paper with an extra large die that you can use at ScrapbooksPlus. I paired it with a strip of apples cut from Autumn Splendor and the woodgrain print from the reverse. I accented them with a torn strip of Changing Leaves, which was a great place to add my journaling. I felt like the layout was a little dull... too much tone on tone... so I matted the photo with the fun dots from the reverse of Fall In Love. The dots reminded me of marquee signs with little flashing lights. Since this layout is all about flashing signs, it worked for me! A tiny piece of the reverse of Cinnamon Sticks holds the title.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: