Thursday, September 23, 2010

I *love* this line!

I have a thing about lining my pics all in a row. Something about it just feels good. Whether it's a series of action shots or a grouping of similar photos, lining them up next to each other is a great way to show them off.


In this series, I had several photos of my daughter and a couple of her cousins. Even though I like to scrap single photos, scrapping only the one of these just wasn't an option. I needed all three to tell the story of how much my daughter loves her cousins.


Now all three shots didn't have the same importance. I wanted the photo of all three of them together be the focal point, so I put it right in the middle. To give it a little more importance, I bumped that photo up just a little bit. I added different strips of patterned paper to pull your eye towards the photos and kept lots of white space on the rest of the page. The large, green mat... even though it's not white space, gives everything a nice calm place to sit.

For embellishments I used some Bazzil jewels and Jenni Bowlin buttons. Her buttons are great since they are nice and light and not too bulky on the page. I painted my plain chipboard letters with some of the new Claudine Helmuth paint in Modern Red, and then spritzed it with some Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist to take away a bit of the brightness. The paint is so nice that I want every shade. It is very smooth and creamy and quite easy to work with!

thanks for stopping by!

erin

No comments: