Friday, September 24, 2010

Family Time

I admit it, I had the hardest time with this months kit. I was in the process of refusing to let summer go, so the autumn leaves paper did not help matters. The paper is quite busy-another challenge I had. I went with sepia colored photos to let the paper do it's thing. I got quite techniqy (yes a new word) which was really fun. I have started playing with the Glimmer Glam-in the beginning I didn't like it & didn't get how to use it. Now I am starting to love it! It is really good to use with a less detailed stamp. It is quite opaque & filled with good glitter. Tip: pour some in the lid & swirl it around when you use it otherwise the glitter settles to the bottom. I took a dictionary page, covering the "fall" definition with a piece of paper & sprayed the page with glimmer mist, than stamped the Dirty Martini (got to love the name) glimmer glam. If you look closely you can still see some of the book text come through which gives that layered look. The photo doesn't show how super sparkly the combo is.

Come into ScrapbooksPlus & check out the Design Team wall to see. We also have a great selection of Tattered Angels product. If you don't see what you want ask us to order it! Ok so next I border punched the edge, adhered it, & added this cool webbing ribbon that comes in a bunch of great colors. The dictionary page looked too big so adding an alcohol inked acrylic bracket with a couple of eyelets, as well as the distressed title box fixed the problem.

The title "Autumn" is cut from the Autumn Leave's collection & glimmer misted. The journal box mat is cut using Tim Holtz's Alterations, glimmer misted than embossed. A couple of eyelets were added to the edges, which were distressed & stickled, brads were used to attach it to the layout. The journaling was done on the computer, glimmer misted & pop dotted it on the mat. I added this cute little rascally raccoon (see I can do cute).
Finally I added some cut out leaves from the collection with pop dots & the swirly bling to create movement. The great thing about glimmer mist is, it gives you the freedom to change the color of your paper & keep the design, plus add all that great shimmer. So go get a bottle & play!

No comments: