Friday, September 10, 2010

One Inspired Hokie!



Fall in Love is one of my favorite papers from this months design team kit. When I first saw it, in particular the orange and maroon trees, it reminded me instantly of this bumper sticker that I saw on every fifth car when I was in college. I smiled every time I read it: "If God isn't a HOKIE why do the leaves turn orange and maroon in the fall?"
There was something so inspiring about the campus of Va Tech and anyone who knows me knows I'm all about inspiration. The Fall in Love paper and Erin's page map together inspired this layout. I decided to make a replica of that bumper sticker to title my layout. I used a quote by Lee Corso {a sports broadcaster on ESPN's College GameDay} as my journaling.
I used the dotted side of the paper as my background and cut out the orange and maroon trees as embellishments for the title block. I used a strip of the striped paper underneath my photos of the beautiful VT campus! I added dimension to my layout using Prima leaves and pop dots. All of the leave were orange so I inked some of them with Distress Inks. I used both Fired Brick and Brushed Corduroy to make them Maroon. I also used the EK Success Binding Edge Punch on my journaling block. It is one of my favorite punches because it always adds a little whimsy... a throw back to school days and whether it is preschool or college it just works.

No comments: