Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just say no to fall.

We moved this summer & between packing & unpacking, organizing bla, bla summer slipped through my fingers. I have enacted Operation Extend Summer. Getting this months very pumpkiny kit is not helping my cause. Hence my page - NO! I refuse to participate in fall, it is still summer & I will do summer things.

I started by distressing my title with a stencil & spiced marmalade. Leaving the stencil in place stamp on top with brown chalk ink. This will put the pattern in the shape only. Cool! Taking a tag with the pumpkin paper on it, I ran it through the circle Texture Fade, scuffed it with sand paper & distressed with vintage photo. I just ran the ink pad over the top of the tag to pick up the embossed parts. I printed the coffee picture from online & mounted it on the green patterned Imaginsce with a punched border. After positioning the pieces I used a stencil & black soot distress ink to add the spider webs, then a swish with a glitter pen to give it a shimmer. Time to start layering. I adhered the polka dot paper, photo & tag.

I used the pumpkin chipboard cut out that came with the kit. First I painted it white so my colors would show up better. I used water color crayons once the paint was dry. I embossed the pumpkin & then used water to blend the color. Again I used the sanding block to pull out the embossed parts more. To add a pretty shimmer coat with a thin layer of Glimmer Mist. A 7gypsies stamp was perfect for the words, which I cut out & added to Mr. Pumpkin. A rub on from my old stash was added along the bottom, along with one of my favorites -the Holtz film strip, which I added bling to. After adding my journal boxes I added the raven. This is one of Tim's new stamps from his set Haunted Mansion. I stamped it with black soot & cut it out, using pop dots to make it look like the raven was drinking the coffee. The great thing about having a local scrapbook store is I was able to order this stamp & receive it before it has arrived anywhere. ScrapbooksPlus will order product for you! Call & ask them how.

I finished this page by distressing the edges with vintage photo. Now I am going to go to the pool, read a summer book, eat popsicles & stick my head in the sand & pretend it is still summer!

3 comments:

Skye said...

I love the page- but I must say I disagree with the sentiment as I love fall! :)

matushka said...

Fighting is futile! Fall is here!

PS. I'll gladly help stave off winter, though. :)

Karen Bearse said...

I too normally like fall but summer is my favorite & we missed it this year, so I will not go quietly.
Thanks for commenting!

I'm with Erin on the winter thing-though I like to ski.