Thursday, September 2, 2010

September Already!

I can't believe it is September already. You know what that means... its time to pick some apples and get in the mood for all of the Autumn goodness that is coming our way. As much as we would like an endless Summer we have to get in gear for what is right around the corner. The Apple Crisp line from Imaginisce will do just that.
To create this layout I started with two pieces of an apple green colored card stock and two pieces of Apple Crisp paper. I used both sides of this yummy paper, distressing and ripping some of the edges. I also used my edge distresser on each of my photos. The rustic look of these distressing techniques went right along with my photos from Stribling Orchard.




I found these adorable Warm Memories Chipboard Stickers in the store and used one as my title for this layout. I liked the shape of the "So blessed" chipboard sticker and decided to repeat it as a spot for part of my journaling. I cut several of the apples out of the Apple Cider paper and placed them around the layout using Pop Up Glue Dots to adhere them to the project. This added a bit of dimension to make these shiny little apples stand out more. You can see here that I used one on the chipboard sticker and another on the journaling spot. If you have never tried glue dots you are really missing out. It is super strong adhesive that comes in several different shapes and sizes so you are bound to find the perfect dot for whatever you are doing!

1 comment:

matushka said...

Love the apple accents! They are adorable! :)