Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reusing Pagemaps

Don't throw away those sketches! Reuse them. You can reuse the same sketch over and over without your projects looking the same.

Our pagemap this month:

And my first layout:

I decided to use three blocks of the Imaginisce paper across the top instead of photos.

My favorite paper from this collection is the wood pattern. I was dying to use it to make a tree accent. So I freehanded a shape and grabbed a complementary green scrap of paper for the leaves. After trying different options I decided I liked it best layered over my paper blocks.

I added a small photo collage, a couple of strips, title and a bit of journaling.


And here's the second layout I made from the same pagemap. I added a piece of die cut paper over my background. For the three blocks I used two photos and one block of patterned paper. I still have the borders -- one of them is a stick from my yard.


How else could I use the sketch? Use one of the blocks to hold journaling. Turn it sideways and flip it around. Merge one or two of the blocks and use a longer photo. You're only limited by your imagination!

No comments: