Friday, September 3, 2010

Pens & Buttons To The Rescue!


I am a big fan of buttons. I like that they are so versatile... they can be used for sleek, vintage, modern, really any kind of layout. They don't get squished in your albums, so they always look just as good years later as when you added them to your layout.





I finished this layout and it was just missing something. I laid some buttons out on it and that helped... but I knew I had finally gotten it when I added the black pen line around my kraft mat. Before, everything still felt like it was floating. Adding the line grounded it and helped connect the Jenni Bowlin journaling circles.

Another way I use buttons is to test out my idea when I'm thinking of using dimensional adhesive. I just place a button or two underneath the item I want to pop and see how it looks. This gives me an easy way to move it around before I glue it down for good with the actual dimensional adhesive.


thanks for stopping by!
erin

1 comment:

Skye said...

I really like this page! You're right, the line adds something. I wouldn't have thought to use buttons to simulate pop dots while trying out a layout- thanks for the tip!