Sunday, September 12, 2010

Birds a Humming.


I admit it I have become a hummingbird stalker. I am totally enamored with these little flitty wonders. I got some fairly good photos of my feathered friends hanging out at their feeder & that became the basis for this page. Following Erin's page map (perfect for these pics), I mounted the photos on Imaginisce limey green print. Using the pre-cut scallop circle, I painted it white & adhered it under the photo block. I added layers underneath the block with brads by Lush & the new blingy pebbles by Prima. My journal box is a My Minds Eye punch out, which I got at ScrapbooksPlus for a Wednesday make & take. I added a little close up punch photo on the journal tag. Going back to my white scallop I stamped the swirly design & used American Crafts "remarks" letters for my title. I stamped a hummingbird with archival ink & painted it using glimmer mist. Just put a few squirts of mist on your craft sheet & use it as paint. It goes on well & is nice & shimmery. I cut out my little friend, added some Lush bling & pop dotted him to the layout. Of course he needed a flower to sip from. Another cut out stamped hummingbird & my happy memory is immortalized.

1 comment:

Robin Shakoor said...

I love this layout! Hummingbirds are my fav!