Friday, June 5, 2009

Working With the Theme

Just like Erin, I was also drawn to this paper from June's kit. I liked the repeating circles and thought it would make a nice accent in my layout. So I added three circles along the edge - a journaling block from My Mind's Eye I picked up at Scrapbooks Plus and several stickers combined with a little bit of sparkly paper.

For this layout, I went with the "less is more" approach. I used smaller sections of the papers and balanced my photo/paper block with a wide neutral border. When you've got a bunch of photos and/or busy patterned paper, sometimes it really helps your layout to leave a lot of white space for the viewer's eye to rest.


2 comments:

matushka said...

I love the circles you added peeking out from the edges, and how you incorporated the cardstock stickers in this one. The little waves under the large pic are a nice touch too!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Your layouts are always so good at capturing a feeling or a moment...and they look great, too!