Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shaker Card!

Did you shake this at the store yet???

When I started, I really didn't know what I wanted to do, until I found my clear beads at the bottom of my tote!  This card started off pretty basic.  I used the wave paper to mat the front of the card and I knew that I wanted to cut out the flip flops and pop them on top!  

So you ask, how did I make the shaker part, this part is easy AND I learned it from a Rusty Pickle class that I took at GASC last year.  (BTW, Rusty Pickle will be teaching a class on thursday before GASC at Scrapbooks plus!  How did we get so lucky?!)  Anyways, to make the cover, I took a package of letters and took the plastic wrapper off and started cutting the plastic to the size that I needed!  Yes, I recycled the trash from letters I used in another project to make my card!  I'm being green, are you?  After I got the size correct I laid the clear film over my my wave paper.  I then took a blue copic marker and traced some of the waves.  To give it the contrast, I then turned the film over and glued it down with the drawings on the bottom side, only pushing down on three sides.  The last side I waited to close until I got a bunch of beads in there.  I used micro beads so that they would roll around easily and not just stick there.  Finally after all sides are put down I glued down a blue sparkle frame to finish off the look!

On a side note, I also cut apart the stamp so that I had a right and a left foot that I could stamp each by themselves.  It made it so much easier when I was cutting them out!


Happy Scrapping 

5 comments:

Misty Rose said...

I love it Leah ... it is the best! And what a clever idea that you had in regards to cutting your stamp in half...and you don't even have to feel guilty about it since it is just a 99 cent stamp... :)

Misty Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther said...

Yes, I did shake it. Clever with the waves and beads! Thanks for sharing the way you did this.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I shook it too! several times! YOu know how much I love inter-active projects! Thanks for the details...I think I have microbeads...hmmm...but they are blue...hmmm

Coffee said...

Love this card! You are so clever!