Monday, June 22, 2009

Repeating a Theme

I like to repeat things in my layouts. In this case -- circles. And this layout has lots of 'em! I started with a piece of the Flair paper. Since the paper is made up of circles, I decided to play off that theme. Add the orange color and it says summer and sunshine to me. So I used that to my advantage so all the orange circles repeat the idea of sun & sunshine.

The next thing I grabbed were the Jenni Bowlin chipboard suns. Luckily I spotted these at Scrapbooks Plus when I stopped by for the kit. You get two suns in each package and the centers are removable which makes it easy to alter. The center is covered with more Flair paper but I decided to leave the rays white.

Next I placed a bit of the Best Creations paper underneath the sun -- polka dotted to keep with the circles. Below the sun I added a round journaling sticker from Basic Grey.

The Flair paper has this lovely swirl just off center of the paper. When putting the pieces together I took my exacto knife and cut around the swirl so I could slide my photo and paper underneath. I centered the chipboard sun in the middle of the swirl so that the whole swoosh leads you right to the sun and my title.

Working with a lots of circles = lots of sunshine!

1 comment:

matushka said...

I love those JB sun shapes and all your circles. Great job!