Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bling, Sparkle, SPLASH!

I put together this really quick mini book using the Best Creation glitter paper and Bazzill card stock. There were two shades of blue in my kit, but to create the effect I wanted for this book, two sheets and just one color wouldn't be enough - so I bought more at Scrapbooks-Plus!
The bracket album is Anna Griffin's latest in the Peyton line. (Debbie will be ordering them in bracket, scallop or flower shapes for sale at the store.) I think all this glitter works better with on acrylic verses chipboard.
I made a template that was cut about 3/4" in from the edge of the album I used this template to cut each background page. All the photo mats were cut from a coordinating color and measure 3 1/2" x 3 1/2".

I attempted to coordinate the mats and the pages on each spread, using glitter paper for the mat with a cardstock page of a coordinating color on one page and the opposite combo (glitter paper page and cardstock photo mat on the other).



Photos were cropped 3"x 3" and embellishments kept simple. Glittered letters mark the first initial of each child's first name. I hand wrote the child's first name on a small tag cut with a Martha Stewart punch.


I'm giving this book to our neighbor (after all, it was his pool party!) for his birthday next week. He's color blind! Maybe the bling and all the hot colors won't hurt his eyes too much!
And keep posted - there's so much going on at the store. Check out my blog for the layout instructions for incorporating the store Make-and-Takes into layouts. And the Design Team has something in store for our blog followers - more to come at the first of the month!
Sharon





1 comment:

matushka said...

I have to say I really like this one. It looks even more fabulous in person... even with all the glitter paper! ;-)