Sunday, June 14, 2009

Let's go fly a kite!

This month's kit had so many fun items in it- it was hard to know where to start! Sharon and I were talking about it when she mentioned that she had an idea for a kite LO. It immediately made me think of these pictures of Logan flying a kite for the first time a few years ago. I had put these pictures aside until I found the perfect paper to scrap them with- and this kit was perfect for it! Thanks for the idea Sharon!
I wanted to use the Lets Go Fly a Kite paper by Best Creations so I cut a piece of it to use as my title. I also used some of the Walking on Sunshine paper by Flair (which I have to say was my favorite paper in the group!), cut a thin strip of the glitter paper and stuck it all down. This was a really quick LO to put together. I knew when I had everything down that my LO needed something more so I cut the kite and the word kite with my Cricut. The word kite actually was done on white cardstock that I colored with Copic markers (which are my newest scrap addiction) and sprayed with some Glimmer Mist.
I took the Copic Marker class that Laura Petruso taught in May and learned so many new and exciting things about Copic markers. Laura is teaching more Copic marker classes at ScrapbooksPlus in June and July. If you have any interest in Copics you should definitely take Laura's class- it rocks! I also used the Copics to color in the flower stamp that came in the kit. so much fun!
Check out the ScrapbooksPlus website and see all the great classes that our teachers have to offer. it's a great way to learn a new technique!
Enjoy!
Lisa

No comments: