Monday, June 29, 2009

Quick Tip: Picking Your Ink

When you're working with a colored cardstock background, sometimes it can be a bit of a challenge to pick the right ink to use. I often test out ink colors on scraps of white cardstock, but that won't tell you which will look best on the colored background. I tend to start with a cardstock base, so I don't have a lot of extra scraps of colored cardstock to use as testers.



My solution is simple... use the back! I use the back of my layout to test different colored pens and even to practice my stamping before putting it on the front of the layout. For this layout I auditioned almost every blue pen I had on the back....





...before choosing my blue-black for the title and journaling on the front.





Thanks for stopping by!
erin


**This layout is loosely based on a Becky Fleck sketch from her PageMaps book. Her sketches are a great go-to item when I have a lot of photos I want to include in my layout!

Are you ready for the Design Team's interactive surprise for the July kit? Tune in and find out tomorrow! Just 1 more day! .....
:)

No comments: