Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chantilly's Got Talent!

Probably the best thing about being on Design Team is the opportunity to learn from some really talented scrappers. Like all team activities, it also brings you face to face with challenges. I have to admit, this month's kit was a challenge for me. Here's why: I have no idea what to do with printed paper with words on it.

That's why I was blown away by all the amazing work on this month's wall. Indulge me while I gush over some of my favorites.

Check out how Deborah used the paper. She took advantage of the print to make it her title "the Sun" and also used the coordinating paper as part of her photo block. (I also love the way she used the circles to break up all the linear look of this! Notice the triangle!) LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This layout!



Sharon's page made me stop and stare. I still can't figure out how she made these pieces flow so well into each other... and the photos move seamlessly with the print. It all creates a feeling of waves and movement. Notice how she carried through the circle with the candy dots.
So many great ideas to steal, I hardly know where to begin! Awesome Sharon!




And of course our "DOM" (Designer of the Month!)
Esther captured that same spirit of movement with her PinWheel layout... What a great idea for two sided paper.

If you haven't been by the store this week, make sure you stop in and check out these amazing designs...

If you're like me, you'll head home with a bag full of paper and your brain bulging with new ideas to try!

Thanks for the inspiration, Ladies!
Loretta



No comments: