Thursday, June 4, 2009

Soak up the sun!


This month's DT kit was so much fun to work with. It was full of summer colors and lots of glitter! When I saw the Summer Daze Pieces of Flair paper it made me think back to our vacation at Topsail,NC. I knew I wanted to use the Sky Blue glitter paper but when I cut my shape out from the Cricut machine at ScrapbooksPlus and put it on the background paper it got lost. So, I decided to put some orange cardstock behind it. It worked really well in creating the contrast I was looking for. I felt like I had the same problem with the picture I had used- so I picked out a lighter orange cardstock to mat the picture.
One of my "new" favorite products to use is actually something I have had in my scrapbook room for a while- it is Glossy Accents by Tim Holtz. I wanted "the Sun" to stand out more on the paper so I used the Glossy Accents to make it pop. It is hard to tell in this picture but when you go look at the DT wall you can tell.
Stop by ScrapbooksPlus and check out the DT Wall. The DT members out did themselves this month- the projects are fabulous!
Enjoy!
Lisa
PS- Make sure to check back to the blog later this month~ we have something in the works for our blog readers!

1 comment:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

"Glossy Accents" was used by several of the DT ladies this month, adding just a touch of texture and dimension - and it looks great here. Even though you have several layers and several papers, this layout looks very simple and focuses the attention where it belongs - on all those smiling faces! Lovely!