Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Moment in Time...

It doesn't look like a .25 cent garage sale find, does it? I found the clock about a month ago and knew I would use it to create an altered project, but I was willing to wait for the right paper. And then Esther included the perfect stuff in this month's kit - the BEE-YU-TEE-FUL embossed, double-sided "A Kite Day Words" paper from Best Creations.

It is a pretty simple project. I removed the original picture insert from the clock face and used it as a pattern. I traced the circle onto a piece of vellum, so I could hold it over the patterned paper (and the picture) and pick out exactly which sections would work best. The shiny peacock blue ribbon was great to delineate the different sections.
.
As soon as I saw the embossed kites, I wanted to cut one out to travel around the clock on the minute hand. I attached it with a little red line tape - so you know it is going to be "flying high" for a long time! Tip: I bent the end of the minute hand up very slightly to make sure it would clear the embellishments. I checked it every few minutes for the first hour and made the adjustment when I noticed it had gotten stuck.

The circular green frame on the upper left of the clock face came off of the Flair Designs Summer Daze die cut sticker sheet and made it easy to add a simple title. I set it with eyelets using The Big Bite from Cropodile. I tell you, that tool has completely changed my relationship with eyelets. It is so easy to use. Debbie has one in the crop room at Scrapbooks Plus. You should try it out - you will definitely be using more eyelets on your projects, too!
.
Several good things about this project: it was really inexpensive - it was quick and easy - I can see myself changing the picture and the paper at a later date (maybe even seasonally)- and I think this would make an awesome gift for someone - because everyone needs to know what time it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! You make me proud! I love what you made!!! Great Job!! :)