Thursday, June 11, 2009

Glitter!

Ok, I have to admit, I was very nervous when I saw this kit.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not a bling, glitter kind of girl.  I've used Stickles before, but only in tiny amounts as flower centers, etc.  So I did my best to try something new and put glitter paper on my layout.  For this layout I picked some pictures of my class last year releasing our butterflies.  The kids love this and always hope the butterflies land on them.  In five years of raising butterflies with my kiddos this is the only time it has happened.  This butterfly landed and really wanted to hang out.  Luckily I had my camera ready!

For the bling portion of this layout, I used the Graphically Speaking Cricut Cartridge to cut out the butterfly.  To cut the glitter paper, I used the Deep Cut Blade since this paper is thick.  I also decided trying not to use ink was for the birds!  So I went crazy and ink to match each color paper and inked everything in sight!  Come on over to the store and check out all the projects in person, pictures won't give you the full effect with the glitter this month.  Happy Scrappin'!

3 comments:

matushka said...

Great layout! I love the little dotted photo corner in the top right.... did you add that, or is it part of the paper?

Coffee said...

That was my own little addition to the paper. I used a guide that has holes lined up for you and just punched holes with a paper piercer. Easy! Glad you liked it!

Esther said...

Nice use of the bling. Bravo!