Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wave Runner



I must admit that I do love Deborah's and Erin's clean graphic designs and how the "less is more" theory works for them...because it really does...for them. I look at their work and go "Wow! Why can't my pages look like that?" I have figured out the answer...because I just can't do "less is more". I've tried - really I have - but I just have to have "stuff" all over the page. My problem is deciding when "more" isn't "too much"!

On this layout of my nephew and my youngest son Nicky at the beach, I started with just cutting the yellow circle out of the Flair patterned paper to put in the center of the two blue background pages. Then I added different sized circles punched from cardstock...then the candy dots... then the waves from flourishes cut on the Accu-cut at Scrapbooks-Plus (you can use those punches any time you want BTW!). Then, that wasn't enough, so I added Glossy Accents to the circles, then to the waves, then to the white "bubbles" in the design of the blue Flair paper. Then I thought about stickles or some glitter and thought "maybe too much" so I stopped.

I'm sure there are other "stuff" addicts out there like me. I suppose the key is to find the style that suits you and the good sense to know when "enough is enough"!

Happy Summer Scrappin'

Sharon

3 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I absolutely l-l-l-l-l-love this layout! You know I am a "stuff" addict, too. Yea there is lots - but you make it all work and the focus is still on the pictures - which are also awesome by the way.

Esther said...

Great layout. The Stickles might have been a little added shine for the water.

matushka said...

Love the glossy accents! :)