Saturday, June 20, 2009

Paper Piecing with Stamps

When I picked up my DT kit this month, I was excited to see an cute, little clear stamp of a flower. The simple lines of the stamp make it perfect to use as a paper piecing pattern.... and it's really easy. Here's how:



First, you stamp your design onto as many pieces as there are parts to the stamp. This flower had 2 distinct parts... so I stamped it onto 2 pieces of paper. I stamped on the back for a couple of reasons. First, to elimate having to cut the parts out perfectly... since the lines are hidden, no one will know if I'm a little bit off. Second, one of my papers was glitter paper and it really wouldn't work well to stamp on. (And you'd go blind trying to cut it out!) Just be sure to be consistent with your stamping, and stamp all on the front or all on the back so that your pieces fit together properly.






My paper pieced flowers made their way onto a pair of summery cards. It would be nice to make a set of four, add stamped envelopes, and tie them up as a little thank you gift.






thanks for stopping by!
erin

2 comments:

Deborah Mahnken said...

what a great idea - I hadn't thought of paper piecing from stamps!

Coffee said...

Great Cards!