Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Writing on the Wall

I have had a photo of my daughter in my to-be-scrapped pile for the last 3 years. It was a little out of focus, but I loved it. I loved the angle of the shot... which I *think* occurred when I was trying to avoid getting some other kids in the background. I actually even loved that it was blurry... after all... it's an action shot for Halloween and the blurriness enhances the feeling of motion and running to get as much candy as possible! When I saw the Writing on the Wall paper from the Toil and Trouble line by The Girls' Paperie, I knew I had finally found the right paper to scrap it.



I matted the photo on the Writing on the Wall paper.... making sure to keep the angle of the stripes in line with the angle of the photo. I placed the mat on a piece of Toil and Trouble, punching the edge with my Martha Steward extra large fan punch. One of the ribbons from the Toil and Trouble line was a pretty lace that reminded me a lot of the hem tape that my grandmother had in her sewing box... just prettier. I tied a piece and cut it to keep the tie on the right hand side of the page and stapled it down with the Tim Holtz tiny attacher.... the best stapler ever!!! I created a space for some hidden journaling in part because I wanted to add an extra punched fan to the upper right of the layout. I sandwiched a single fan between two squares of Bewitching Hour and added a pebble from Prima. I really like these little glass marbles. Some have crystals around them (like the one used in the flower center), but they aren't attached together... so you can switch the crystals to whichever marble you like, leave it off altogether, or use it on it's own. The flower is sprayed with some Simply Khaki Glimmer Mist with a bunch of ribbon trimmings and a pair of cardstock leaves sprayed with Cinder Glimmer Mist peeking out. I used some old chipboard letters for the title... I just peeled off the paper pattern and sprayed them with more Cinder Glimmer Mist. The little letter stickers are some of the new ones from Cosmo Cricket and a little Tim Holtz pin holds a tiny tag with the date.



thanks for stopping by!

erin

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Another great idea to use that punch. Thanks Erin.

Karen Bearse said...

I really like how the paper & the paper tilts just like the photo-also now I officially have to buy that punch!