Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Hauntings

This card came together so quickly. I knew I wanted to use this crepe paper flower accent with the banner type ribbon that says "Happy Haunting." I loved the way it popped against the orange flourish side of the Parlor Paper so I decided to use that as the background. I needed to balance it out a bit so I added a color block in the upper left corner. I used the green side of Writing on the Wall. I loved the way it looked but there was something missing. It needed some texture. I considered using crackle paint on the green paper to get that texture but decided to use a different trick instead. I sprayed the paper down with water and crumpled it up. I unfolded it and hit it with my heat gun. I use this technique all of the time and I end up with a different look each time depending on the paper I use. It is just such a fun way to add texture and depth to a project.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great idea Megan!