Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Colors of Fall

I'm never one to pay attention to what a patterned paper is for. In fact, I really enjoying finding other uses for themed paper lines. Many times there are several patterns in a line that are great supporting pieces... usually they are your dots, stripes, and geometrics. They can be used practically anywhere for anything.

As I was working on my layouts this month... and tiring of the purple costumes (how did dear daughter end up in almost the exact same shade two years in a row?)... I came across several photos that my husband took of our daughter and her freshly made pigtails. The photos aren't fall-ish or Halloween-inspired, but the reddish background and green ponytail holders work with the color scheme.


I started with three photos, but I had a lot of journaling strips. I love using a regular old label maker for my journaling... it's fun, easy, and legible... and doing journaling by hand often is not any of those things. :) I ended up eliminating one of the photos to make room for everything. The cutie butterflies are Flora Doodles by Petaloo and work perfectly with the theme. A few buttons, a scrap of ribbon and some kraft journaling spots from Basic Grey finish it off.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

PS. Stop by later this month to see how I used skeletons and spider with my circus pics!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Erin, I love the butterflies. Nice embellishment.