Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween everyone! I was so excited when I realized I got to post on Halloween. I saved this layout just for today's blog post!
I had the idea to journal about the story behind this photo in a sort of Fairy Tale Format. The journaling then inspired the rest of the layout.
I was looking through my stamps and punches to pull out things that might work on this layout and I saw my Tim Holtz On The Edge punch by Sizzix, the perfect punch for my layout.
I used it to punch the photo mat out of chipboard. I then inked it with Crushed Olive Distress Ink and misted it with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. I also used the same ink and mist on my journaling box. I let it dry completely before printing my journaling onto it.
Iridescent Gold
is a great mist to have because it doesn't have a color to it, just the gold glimmer. You can use it on anything you have inked or already has color to get the glimmer effect. So, if you haven't tried misting because of the expense I'm here to let you know you will love it and you will get addicted but you won't have to break the bank. You can pick up a few basics like Iridescent Gold and Silver and you will be able to mist on project after project no matter what the color scheme.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It was a great layout and photo to see on Halloween. Nice job!