Friday, October 22, 2010

a TATTERED layout



There was lots of stamping going on to create this layout. First I used some of the stamps from the Tattered Angels ~Tattered Traveler stamp set. These stamps are so neat. The set comes with 25 stamps which can be used separately or they can be layered together to create new designs.










I used the pocket watch stamp as the outer stamp and the month/date inner stamp together to make the embellishment in the upper left corner of my layout. I just wanted the circle so I cut off the dial of the pocket watch to make it just a circle which incidentally adds yet another creative option with these stamps!



To make the embellishment in the lower right corner of my photo I first stamped the clock face stamp from this same set on my cardstock. I covered it with crackle paint and once it was completely dry I used Distress Ink ~Antique Linen~ over the top to make the crackle effect stand out a bit more.


The three cards along the bottom are made with other Halloween themed stamps I've picked up over the years. In order to create some symmetry among these images I cut the cardstock squares to the same size and inked all of them with Jet Black StazOn ink around the edges. Finally I added my title "Halloween" along the bottom of the center card and tucked my journaling card behind the photo.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Nice job Megan. I love the stamps.