Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Cards

Can I just tell you how much fun the Silhouette Digital Cutter is? It’s WAY fun! Look at this adorable Jack-O-Lantern card base. When I saw it in the design library I knew I had to purchase it for my October card projects. The “Boo” sentiment is also from the Silhouette design library. It is my “go to” when I get stuck for title designs.

I wanted the card to be fun, yet classy. I am not really into cutesy anymore since my little one is all grown up. Sigh…. I hope you like it.  If you are interested in the card design I can cut one for you.  Just leave a comment on this post.

Not everything about Halloween has to be scary. I am loving Maya Road’s doily transparencies! This card is very simple, yet the addition of the two transparencies makes it much more substantial. The card base was created using patterned paper from The Girls’ Paperie Toil and Trouble collection. I then embossed a piece of black card stock using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The “Trick or Treat” embellishment is also from the Toil and Trouble collection.
 
Trick or Treat! I used a color combination of black, green and orange which scream Halloween! The crepe paper embellishments are fabulous. I liked them so much that I bought two packages.  Black card stock is one of my favorite things to work with. Using it as the card base makes the design pop! The black scalloped circle was cut using Spellbinders.

Thanks for joining me today.

Robin

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great idea Robin. Thx