Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Photos

Halloween is just a couple of days away (as my kids keep reminding me). If you have youngsters dressing up and going out, don't forget to get some photos of them in their costume.

Plan ahead! Dress them up early and take them outside for some pictures while it's still light out. Pose them in front of Halloween decorations or among the leaves that have been steadily falling into your yard. For example: spooky spiderwebs covering bushes, carved jack-o-lanterns, piles of candy, giant purple inflatable spiders (like a neighbor has)...

I learned this lesson the hard way. We were running late two years ago and all I got was a shot by the inside of our front door - not an attractive background at all! Last year I remembered. Whew!

And if you need an idea of what to do with your photos, here's my two-page layout for the month.


2 comments:

matushka said...

When we have a warm day in the fall I'll get my daughter all dressed up in the costume again and have her play in the leaves... who cares if it's November?! She is always happy to jump around in her costume for me. :)

Megan said...

What a great idea!