Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Free Falling.

This months DT kit used the beautiful "The Girls Paperie" line Toil & Trouble. I started with the dramatic damask type in orange. I thought this paper would be perfect for Glimmer Mist & stencils. I used Sugar Maple, Forrest Green & Charcoal chalk mist with Tim Holtz's music notes mask & the new Prima stencils. I love the designs of these new stencils & was happy how the air balloons turned out. Next I put letter stickers right on the photo. Added ribbon & flower from this collection. The "Fly" postage stamp is My Minds Eye from their new Lost & Found Collection. I raided my stash for the Thickers letters & covered them with Golden Goddess Glimmer Glam, this added glitter & gloss & changed the color to better suit my page. Stamping & distressing a piece of card stock helped the title to pop. I used another piece of the collection which conveniently, is lined, for the journal box. I tested out the new i.rock from Imaginese to add the bling. This fancy little tool heat sets the pre-glued bling which makes it very easy to use & the gems don't seem to be going anywhere! The great part is you can place your bling & move it around before having to adhere-not something you can do with the regular bling. Then I added the swirl bling that was clear but I colored it to match my page using Copic markers.I bought most of the product on this page at ScrapbooksPlus. Come check out the design team wall. The photos on the blog don't do our pages justice & you can't see the shimmer & shine unless it is up close. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Very nice Karen. Love how you totally changed this paper.

Skye said...

Great page, I love it!