Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Mini Book

I really loved this paper line from The Girls' Paperie. I think it's my favorite Halloween paper ever. And I was just dying to use it in a minibook. I grabbed a Bo Bunny album from the store, the October kit, some Sassafras Lass chipboard flowers, fuzzy vinyl stickers from My Mind's Eye, and lots of Tim Holtz goodies. I don't think I've had as much fun making a project!

First, I had picked up some gold wire at ScrapbooksPlus last month. After looking at it for a month, I decided to string black beads and make a spider web for the cover. I inked the acrylic cover with several colors of alcohol ink, stamped with orange Stazon and added a large grungeboard key painted black.

Here's a close-up of the cover. You can see the orange stamped webs under the beads.

You can see the entire book in the store this month - I'll just post my favorite pages here. I left lots of room for photos and ephemera from all of our activities this month.

Here's the first full page - the tag shows through the cover. The chipboard branch was painted black before I added a layer of rock candy crackle paint. And, of course, generous inking all around the edges.

On this page I made a small photo mat then added an embellishment grouping. I love these Halloween tickets - and you can only get them at ScrapbooksPlus. I've also got a crepe paper flower from The Girls' Paperie. I made the pin using this tutorial, Tim Holtz memo pins and a bit of Glossy Accents.


This page is embossed grungeboard made using a Tim Holtz Alterations texture fade. The key is from Kaisercraft, painted black. And on the backside of the grungeboard....

... is this page. I used a bit of ribbon and a fabric sticker.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Very nice Deborah.