Sunday, October 5, 2008

Show off your Photography in an 8x8 Album


Most scrapbookers are avid photographers and lots of our photos have nothing to do with a special event. There are countless pictures of flowers and birds and trees, etc in all of our photo collections. I, too, love to photograph nature, so the Anna Griffin Sierra line was a perfect choice for this 8x8 album. But I wanted to highlight my photography more than Anna Griffin, so I printed an 8x8 photo for my cover and use the Zutter clear acrylic covers to protect it and to house my title. On the back side of the cover photo I used another 8x8 photo graph as my "inside cover" for my "forward" of the book - the typed journaling of the story behind the photo album.

The inside pages of my book are a variety of photos displayed on 8x8 cut sheets of the Anna Griffin Sierra printed cardstock. You can click on my blog to the right to see the contents, the use of journaling cards and embellishments to compliment the photos. I even made an accordian mini book within the album.


The back cover is just as beautiful as the front - a beautiful sunset over Smith Island Creek - all covered by Zutter Acrylic (you can buy everything I used in this album at Scrapbooks Plus)










2 comments:

matushka said...

I like to take random pics more than event pic. In part because celebration shots are busy, full of crazy colors, and often aren't of the best quality... also they are almost the same year over year! Of course, you have to be ready for the comments from dh as he looks through the photos... "honey, why did you take a picture of dinner?" ... but if you want to memorialize the famous purple chicken dinner it's worth it! :D

Kathryn said...

Cool idea! I have been taking so many nature/wildlife photos since getting to Miami since there is just so much more down here: more sun, more flowers, more trees, more birds, more lizards, more giant fuzzy spiders that leap on you when you are sitting on the porch trying to enjoy some sunshine....