Friday, October 17, 2008

October DT work

I love the fall- especially Halloween and Thanksgiving. To me it's the kick off of the holiday season. For this month's DT kit I decided to use the Creative Imaginations Trickery line- it's the right mix of Halloween and Fall.





For this LO I went with some Halloween pictures of my boys from last year. I loved the Black circle paper from Creative Imaginations- so I backed it with the Rusty paper from Basic Grey. The "boo" title element is actually a scroll frame from Clear Scraps that I stamped with a cobweb using Staz On Black ink to give it a creepy feel. I backed with a scrap piece of paper and and used Thickers for my title. The orange flowers are from Bazzill and I inked the edges with black ink.





I made some bats from Grungeboard, covered them with Black Soot Distress Ink and put a layer of black Stickles for some sparkle. I bent the wings up to give them some pop and add dimension. Grungeboard is great for adding dimension to your pages- when you bend it it will hold the bend. I just picked up the new Grungeboard Holiday Shapes at ScrapbooksPlus- the set has a great variety of shapes for each of the upcoming holidays!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I absolutely LOVE the papers you picked -- they are gorgeous and so is this layout! Also, I had no idea that Tim Holtz had holiday grungeboard shapes out -- must go investigate this situation! Thanks for sharing!

SharonVM said...

You had better hurry - I bought a set of the seasonal grungeboard while I was there last week - The Christmas ones are gorgeous! Love this layout - I intend to scraplift it just as soon as my guys cooperate with costumes!