Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jumping the gutter


Did you know that the space between two pages is called the "gutter"? Well, up until a couple of weeks ago I didn't (thanks Cathy Z)! Until recently, I had never gotten into putting pictures across the gutter. I was scared to cut my pictures like that! In this LO using the papers from the October DT kit, I decided that I didn't really want to crop my photos of pumpkins. So to be able to fit all the pictures I wanted, I "jumped the gutter" with my photos. Here is how I do this. First I set up my LO the way I want it, place the two background pages together so that they are touching. Then I glue everything down (to include gluing the pictures I am going to cut that are jumping the "gutter"), turn it over and use my Fiskars Fingertip craft knife and cut the pages apart. Now you are going to want to be careful what you are cutting- you probably don't want to cut an important part of the photo- like cutting some one's face in two may not be the best option! This way works best for me. So on your next LO try to "jump the gutter"! It's fun!

No comments: