Monday, October 20, 2008

Need More Cowbell

Do you remember that Saturday Night Live sketch with Christopher Walken & Blue Oyster Cult? I love the line "Need More Cowbell" and my husband and I use it all the time when we feel something just doesn't have enough oomph/pizzaz/special touch/cowbell.

I felt like this layout needed more cowbell:


When I got to the point above, I liked it, and so I decided it was finished and went to bed. The next afternoon I looked at it again and I felt like it needed a little bit more to make it really special. So I added these photo corners:


Which I had to cut from the cardstock on the back of the layout since I had already glued everything down:


This is something I do pretty frequently to save paper, or because I make a change to my layout design. It's easy to do with a ruler and a craft knife. Just make sure that 1) you don't cut all the way through to the front of your layout and 2) you cover any exposed adhesive when you're through:


After I'd adhered the photo corners to the page, I looked at the layout again and I thought "Need More Cowbell!" so I took some of these Fragments by Tim Holtz:


And I added them to the page to highlight some of the spooky little images on the background paper:


Here is the finished project:


I liked the original, but I took some time to really sparkle it up & I am much happier with the result! So, the next time you finish a layout, take 24 hours to sleep on it and then look at it with fresh eyes and ask yourself, "Does it need more cowbell?"

No comments: