Monday, October 6, 2008

Distressed Letters


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Wooden letters in this month's kit! How cool! To match the layout I planned to use them on, they needed to have all the charm of an old barn. So the acrylic paints came out of the cabinet and I dry brushed some red paint onto the letters, being careful not to cover the wood completely. Once dried, I found it was not quite the right shade of red, and the original wood peaking from underneath the paint just looked too - new. Easy fix. I brushed on some Brown Antiquing Gel (from Delta Ceramcoat) and let it sit for a minute, then wiped it off with a paper towel. I got the "Instant Aged Antiqued Look" the bottle promised!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the tip on the cool antiquing product -- I'll be sure to keep it in mind to add to my distressing kit.