Monday, October 6, 2008

More Fun with Letters!

The wooden letters we used from Kaiser are very versatile. Sometimes it's hard to look at an unfinished product and imagine what you can do with it. So, here's a few examples for you:


  1. Ink them.
  2. Ink them then paint over them. You can get a cool woodgrain effect.
  3. Use alcohol ink. Instead of using the blending tool I just dropped ink straight from the bottle.
  4. Emboss them.
  5. Paint them -- here I used gold paint.
  6. Spray them with Glimmer Mist. I used four coats on this letter.
Other ideas? How about covering them with paper, glitter or flocking? Stamp them. Wrap them in ribbon. Really, anything you can do with chipboard you can do with these.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

There are a bundle of fun techniques to try in this post! I can't wait to break out my embossing gun and play!

Lisa H said...

Great tips- can't wait to try them!