Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Working With a Sketch

Sketches are wonderful things. They are a great jumping-off point, especially when you feel like your creativity took a new year's vacation.

Robin's page map this month was loaded with all sorts of layers. But I'm usually a more simple scrapper. So, I used some of her layers, simplified a few, and left out a couple to stay more true to my style.

It's a little hard to see from the scan, but behind the photo is a clear layer made with recycled packaging. I ran it through my cuttlebug using a Tim Holtz Texture Fade. The layer underneath the photo was simplified to a strand of baker's twine.

3 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Deborah, that photo is beautiful. I love what you did with the sketch. Thank you!

Esther said...

Very clever to have the clear layer. It is beautiful in real view. Good job.

Kim said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous picture.