Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blue Isn't Just for Boys

This month's Midnight Frost kit from Bo Bunny is a lot about snow and cold.... but that doesn't mean that you can use the beautiful blues for something else. So how about a baby page? I have a lot of blue photos of my little girl... from the blue swing seat, to the blue bouncy chair, to the blue carseat cover... I think you get the idea! :)


My absolute favorite paper this month was the Ice paper. The side I used is the back and is mostly white with gray patches of text as well as blues and grays washed over the edges. (I love the other side too... it's like a snowflake honeycomb design that is so lovely!) I punched the bottom edge with one of my EK Success edge punches. The scallop lends itself to the baby girl theme of my layout. I placed that on a sheet of the Snowfall paper... once again the back which has soft blues with blue and green script around the edges.

For embellishments I scattered some Petaloo flowers across the page and added bling centers. I added a pair of Jenni Bowlin butterflies, a frame from American Crafts and metallic bling from Imaginisce. I stapled a little piece of ribbon around my photos and stamped the journaling directly on the paper. To get the staples in the right place, I first glued my photos to a scrap strip of paper. Then I stapled the ribbon in place before adhering it to the layout.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

1 comment:

Robin Shakoor said...

I love how you used the collection. I love those photos!