Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowflake Girl


I was so inspired by this Bo Bunny paper line. I wanted to create a layout that used several of the different papers, so here it is.

I used several different strips of the patterned papers behind the large photo in the center of the layout. I also threw in a bunched up ribbon for some texture.


The real fun came in making this title tag!


I used the Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplates Die to make the tag.

Then I misted the tag with Moonlight Glimmer Mist.

I took some letter stickers and put them on the tag where I wanted the words "just a" and "kind of girl". Then I covered them with Snow Tex but you could use any acrylic paint or opaque ink. I let it dry and I removed the stickers to reveal the words.

Then I added the words "Snowflake" and "Girl" using Glitter Thickers. To add a bit of whimsy I used a snowflake as the "O" in snow and I dotted the "I" in girl with some bling.

When you come up with the perfect title but its a bit long try using different lettering for the words. Not only does it create visual interest but it also allows you to use longer titles when the situation calls for it.

1 comment:

Skye said...

Beautiful picture and layout! I love how you lined up the scraps.