Wednesday, January 12, 2011

From Tag to Scrapbook.

As soon as I saw this paper from the Bo Bunny Midnight Frost line I thought waves, beach. Then I thought of the perfect way to use it. This layout was inspired from Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas-Day 1. He used the Rickety House die & showed different ways to showcase it. I took the idea & applied it to my layout with a few shortcuts.
First I ran grunge paper through the notebook texture fade to get that wood board look. I cut the paper using the Rickety House die cut from Sizzix (THoltz alterations). Next it was painted with GGlam in various colors, this gave the house a nice shine. The outside plastic from a pack of stickers was alcohol inked than cut & adhered to the wrong side of the house windows, to look like window panes. Next cut chipboard using the "on the fence" die & paint with picket fence crackle paint. Once it is dry distress with vintage photo ink. I added netting, shells, buttons behind & in front of the fence. A bottle cap was cut from the Lost & Found paper line & a circle cut from the philosophy tag packaging which fits perfectly.

A Tattered Angels flourish stamp was used in the corners with weathered wood distress powder, to add to the papers wave look. I added photos & a tag & bracket, from the Bo Bunny kit. For the title, letters were cut from acetate & alcohol inked, then attached with the tiny attacher.
Finally I stamped the flying birds in the corner with weathered wood distress ink. I did forget the ticket but will add that later-cause I like it! For more info on the 12 Tags of Christmas check out Tim's blog, he has detailed, step-by-step directions, & lots of great ideas. Be sure to go to ScrapbooksPlus which has the largest Tim Holtz, Ranger, Alterations collection in the area.

2 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Awesome! I really like that you used the palette for your beach photos.

Karen Bearse said...

Thanks Robin!!! That paper just yelled waves to me.