Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snowman

Here is another layout I made using the Tim Holtz Winter Wonder Dye.

I folded the paper into four layers that were not quite as wide as the snowman in the punch. When I lined it up on the punch I made sure that the left elbow and the left side of the bottom snow ball were not going to be cut all the way. I kept the edge of the paper inside the blades on this side. I ran it through my die cut machine and when I unfolded the paper I ended up with a chain of snowmen! There is a really great example of this on Tim's blog. He used the gingerbread die cut but its the same concept.


I used Snow Tex to add some white texture around the blue snowmen. I shaded the top hats with weathered wood Distress ink and added some bling for the eyes.

I hand tore one of the snowflake swirls from the Midnight Frost Snowfall paper and placed it behind the snowmen. I also used the same paper as the photo-mat for my photo.

The background of this layout is a series of layers. The base layer is dark blue side of the Midnight Frost Dot paper. Next I used the Midnight Frost Stripe paper and hand tore the edges for texture (about 1/2 inch on each side) and on top of that I use Bo Bunny's Dark Denim Dot paper. I added a few snowflake embellishments and some rub on lettering I had in my stash for the title.

I love the kit this month!!

I hope you find it inspiring!


No comments: