Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Book List

This month's DT kit chosen by Robin is the stunning Bo Bunny line-Midnight Frost (MF), with the beautiful variations of blues, greens & burgundy. It is amazingly versatile as you will see by my January layouts. I started with the back of the MF stripe paper which has french type writing on it-love it! This paper is the perfect background for a photo I had been planning to scrap for awhile.

My boys love to read & had the opportunity to meet Anthony Horowitz, one of their favorite authors at a book signing. I started by gluing strips of book paper down & GMisted with brick, olive vine, & autumn nights. THoltz's Lost & Found line was used for the rest of the layout. Stickers were used for the title & calendar block.

The alphabet strip & circle were cut from the paper as well as the clock. Using Tim's idea from his 12 tags of Christmas on his blog, I took a piece of acetate, ran it through a texture fade & cut it to overlay the clock. It was alcohol inked in terra cotta, stream & eggplant. I attached it with a brad & clock hand. Finally a word stick was attached & picture of the book. Take a closer look at this paper line. Yes there are beautiful snow pictures to be used but this line has other applications as well. Now that the holidays are over, take some time to scrapbook some of your favorite photos!

1 comment:

Robin Shakoor said...

I like how you have shown the versatility of the papers.