Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Time!

Once again there's snow in the forecast. Thankfully we're not having the huge amounts of snow as last year - but all that snow made for some great sledding (once you were able to dig yourself out of your house)!

Does your phone take photos? I've downloaded quite a few photo apps for my iPhone and I've found that I can get fairly decent pics if the light is good. Which is good, because sometimes you really don't want to have to bring your camera. Like when you're taking the kids sledding.


For this layout I used several pieces of Bo Bunny's Midnight Frost. I started with Midnight Frost Ice as the background, then used the reverse side of Frost Stripe to hold my photo block, backed it with Midnight Frost Dot.

In the middle of my layout I used Bo Bunny's matching lace and two layers of punched borders. A few punched snowflakes, chipboard snowflakes and KI Memories Frosting snowflakes complete the design.

The Thickers I used for the title I picked up at ScrapbooksPlus last year, however, you can get a similar effect by covering chipboard with flocking or glitter. ScrapbooksPlus recently got in some great flocking -- Diamond Soft in polar white (by the same company that makes Flower Soft) -- that would be perfect to use as snow.

No comments: