Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lots of Photos

What do you do when you have a lot of photos? How about a two-page spread that holds eight 4"x6" ones?


These pictures are from a weekend trip to New York City in December. I wanted to show all the many things we saw - Christmas windows and decorations, Rockafeller Center, and vendors selling roasted chestnuts.

I use Photoshop Elements at home to edit and print my pictures. If you have this program (or similar one) you can open a new document that's 12" x 24" and rearrange, resize and design to your heart's content -- without wasting photo paper or supplies. I'll often use it to come up with my basic photo layout before I start printing pictures.

For this layout, I decided to just use 4"x6" photos, all lined up in two rows. That allowed me to use scraps of my Bo Bunny paper on the right hand side of the photos.

And here's a tip - I didn't use the Bo Bunny paper as the base of my layout. Since I knew a lot of it would be covered by photos, I grabbed two old sheets of paper that I wasn't in love with anymore. Because I didn't have to use a whole 12x12 sheet of Bo Bunny paper for each side, I get more projects out of my kit.

For the left hand side of the layout, I used a Tim Holtz stamp to frame my title. A border-punched piece of Bo Bunny paper and Tim Holtz tissue tape make a great transition from the photos. I cut one of the larger snowflakes from the paper and adhered it with a pop dot. A Tim Holtz memo pin sticks right through that snowflake (into the pop dot!) and holds a ticket made by Susie Bentz.

No comments: