Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow!

I am not a fan of snow, but there is something about pictures of the snow that I do love! I took quite a few photos last winter...since we had so many opportunities to do so. I hadn't scrapped (or even printed off) any of them, so when we got the Midnight Frost collection from Bo Bunny, I went straight to the computer to find some of those shots to use. I found these from the very first snow early last December. At that time we had no idea all the snow that would be coming all too soon. I had one shot of my daughter trying to catch snow in her mouth and it gave me the idea for the layout. This snow was just a taste of what was to come!



I took my feature photo and printed it as an 8x10. I really didn't want to zoom it... I wanted to get all of the snowy scenery around her. I matted the photo with the Flurry paper. It had some touches of burgundy in it, which helps make it look like it goes with that bright red coat a little better. I found a beautiful dark, coppery flourish at ScrapbooksPlus and placed it so that one of the swirls lined up with one of the swirls in the patterned paper. For the second page, I matted the photos on the back of the Ice paper and added some scraps that I trimmed off to the edge. Some copper embellishments - photo anchors and a dangle on a Karen Foster clip up - tie into the flourish. I only had gold and silver jump rings to hold my dangle onto the clip. I thought about tying it with string or thread, but then I decided to try altering the jump rings. I took one of each metal and coated it with caramel alcohol ink. I just let them sit in drops until almost dry. They both ended up as almost perfect matches.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: