Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Snow Queen

For this month's sketch I stuck pretty close to the design Robin created for us.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my layout:



I took out one of the mat layers and switched out the vertical and horizontal strips for flourishes. The flourishes are actually some of the Bazzill die-cut borders that I cut in half and layered. I added some rock candy Stickles to the edges and dotted a few extra spots here and there. I don't like placing my title over my photos when I have letters with tails (like "p" or "q"), so I took an "O" and cut up a tilde symbol from the set to make the tail. I used a little piece of a Jolie's white doily sticker for the crown on the "Q"... a few Kaisercraft jewels make it into a proper royal accoutrement.


thanks for stopping by!

erin

No comments: