Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Taste of Winter

This is my favorite photo of my daughter.  My daughter was kind enough to listen to her old mom and take a self portrait during the blizzard of January 2010. I used photo editing software to give the photo a blue hue. This effect is just perfect for winter photos. I double matted the photo with white cardstock and dark blue patterned paper from the collection. The white matting against the photo really makes the photo stand out.

I used a mask from Tattered Angels to glimmer mist the icicles at the top of the layout. Then I used Stickles in Frosted Lace to add shimmer to each icicle. I used a Spellbinders Lacey Circles die to create the scallops on either side of the photo. I painted white streaks on the light blue paper which runs through the center of the pages. I topped the streaks with crystals and die cut snowflakes. I used the decorative die cut paper found in the collection to frame my photo. I trimmed the die cut with white paint and added stickles around the lighter section of the paper. 

The white leaves were stamped using Heartfelt Creations Leafy Swirls Rubber Stamp Set which I ordered from the store. I cut the stamped leaves and glued them behind the title. The title is a die cut which is also from the collection and was mounted to the layout using foam squares. I added three small chipboard snowflakes which I covered with Glossy Accents to achieve an icy effect.
 
Thanks for joining me today.
 
Robin

3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Lovely design.

Deborah Mahnken said...

Ooooh! Love that mask! Dang it, I think I have that one. Don't you hate when you have so much stash you forget what you've got :D

Esther said...

Nice contrast of the colors and textures. Thanks.